sábado, 10 de septiembre de 2011

Pause button

The coins from my pockets to the table again
The clothes to the floor, I’m swirling naked
Coffee is my mentor at midnight
No friends in my hand or in my phone

The words start floating and dancing again
With my books and my poems I feel alive
Loneliness is an early morning phase
The future is frightening me

I have everything to lose and so much to win...

The music invades my body in each pore again
I feel the cold breeze entering in my brain
The sadness, the joy, the anger, they’re all mixed
Everything comes better when you don’t know what it is

Strangers is my head, they talk to me
I run away in a dessert street with no ending
The characters from my stories make me company
And I press the pause button

I have everything to lose and so much to win
I owe everything I’ve ever earned or so it seems
It’s not that I’m pessimistic but reality punches you hard in the face
And there’s nothing you can do to avoid it

When the early morning comes and you realize you have done nothing but writing
And no one is there to applaud the effort you have put in every letter
You realize that in the end only poems remains
Only frozen lyrics of my life will remain

I have everything to lose and I will
I owe everything I’ve ever earned and I won’t pay for it

1 comentario: